Training in Collective Trauma Integration
June 2017 – May 2018
In this introductory session, Thomas Hübl speaks about how we can develop a new understanding of collective trauma and its symptoms, and gave an overview of the 1-year training program.
The mystical teachings of Thomas Hübl herald and illuminate the transition into a new era of understanding. They bring unique insights into the nature of collective structures and shadows, completely reframe our understanding of the interrelationship between the individual and the collective, and invite us into a new consciousness of heart-centered mutuality and participation.
The purpose of this training program is to:
- Develop a new understanding of collective trauma and its symptoms
- Build healing and integration competencies
- Explore large-scale group facilitation and shadow processes
- Refine the energetics of working with individual, collective and transgenerational trauma
This training program therefore supports one of the main pillars of the Pocket Project – to facilitate the emergence of groups throughout the world who develop the competencies needed to do collective healing work of different kinds, in multiple contexts.
The Training involves developing tools to expand our consciousness our perception our embodiment to hold a higher presence in the midst of collective trauma. In this way not collapsing into the symptoms nor disassociating from them but illuminating what is present and what is underlying the symptoms with more clarity and precision. This is a pocket of consciousness holding space within the traumatized field. The tools we need to develop this capacity are energetic, psychological and spiritual.
This healing work is centered on a new and unique understanding of working with collective trauma, based on the central pillars of Thomas’s teaching:
- Human development/shadow work – understanding the dynamics and energetics of how we develop and how trauma impacts us at diferent stages of our growth (psychological)
- Development of subtle competencies – Being able to bring awareness to deeper layers within ourselves and to the collective fabric (energetic)
- Seeing how presencing, mystical principles and spiritual alignment are essential resources in the integration processes of cultural trauma and shadow (spiritual)
From these pillars will unfold the meaning and principles of the word ‘Pocket’, and the study of the relationship and application of core mystical principles to:
- The energetic understanding of individual and collective trauma
- Transgenerational trauma
- The foundations of group facilitation, and group energy
- Large-scale group shadow processes
- Higher levels of facilitation as a team
- Developing subtle competencies
- How we form a Pocket team (based on different functions and competencies)
- The dynamics and agreements in culture that help us suppress trauma
- The highest sources we can draw on to work sustainably with strong collective energies
Who Should Take This Course?
Professional practitioners – people already working in the fields of psychotherapy, and personal and professional development in all its forms – who want to learn/develop the competencies of working with collective trauma in group settings. Through this training you will move towards receiving an accreditation from us to facilitate Pocket affiliated groups/projects. We expect you to:
- Have a wish to bring your personal work into the service of the collective
- Have a basic stability within yourself
- Already have a significant level of training
Anyone who feels drawn to this study. This may arise out of:
- An interest in research of different kinds – psychological and/or scientific and social
- A wish to support a Pocket project in one of the essential functions other than facilitation – in areas such as organizing, documentation, affiliations with other organizations etc
- Recognizing the importance of preparing individuals and groups to work with the dynamics of collective fields in times of change and transition
- Feeling a deep pull to explore collective shadow dynamics
Both groups will go through exactly the same study material, with a strong mutuality of service and learning, and with the clear understanding that only professional practitioners will at some point become licensed by us to facilitate Pocket work.
Format of the Course
The program did begin and will end with two five day sessions with Thomas Hübl in Israel. In between these there will be online sessions.
- Two 5-day workshops in Israel with Thomas
- 6 Online classes with Thomas
- Transcripts and videos from the classes
- Mentoring groups led by senior students
- Triad and small group work
- Writing research projects
- Homework assignments
- Local practice groups
Course Session Dates
Sunday, June 18, 10.00 AM – Thursday, June 22, 5:00 PM, 2017
Six two-hour online classes with Thomas:
9.00 AM PACIFIC / 12:00 PM EASTERN / 5:00 PM UK / 6:00 PM CEST / 7:00 PM ISRAEL
- August 27, 2017
- September 17, 2017
- October 22, 2017
- November 26, 2017
- January 28, 2018
- March 25, 2018
*Extra call – 90 minutes* December 3, 2017 – 11.30AM Pacific/ 2.30PM EASTERN/ 7.30PM UK/ 8.30PM CEST/ 9.30PM Israel
Final session in Israel with Thomas:
Saturday, April 28, 9:00 PM – Friday, May 4, 5:00PM, 2018
Training fee: 1 payment of 1900 Euro; or 6 payments of 330 Euro
This fee includes all workshops and classes for the program; participants must cover their own travel and accommodation expenses for the workshops in Israel.